PARIS - REPLAY OPERATIONS - 16-19 NOVEMBER 2020 (Course Delivered in French)
Venue : EVS, Boulogne-Billancourt (Paris), France
Date: 16-19 November 2020
Number of places: 8
Duration: 4 days
How to Apply: Please fill out the registration form by clicking here.
* Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in this course.
The ‘Replay Operations’ course would incorporate the essence of HBS’s experience of working on world-class sporting events and is the first of its kind to focus on the editorial side of the Live Slow Motion (LSM) ─ part of the core operating system of the XT3 class of servers offered by EVS.
This course is designed to benefit Replay Operators in production of live sports events. The programme involves use of real-world sports events as training environment. The training lays emphasis on the editorial aspects of replays ─ why to use replays, what for, what is relevant and what’s not, ideal workflow and communication, both with EVS team and director, camera angles, and common mistakes.
The theoretical and practical aspects of the course aim to encourage and develop existing expertise and creativity of participants. This course will cover editorial philosophy of two sports- football and tennis.
- Review/learn the basic principles of editorial treatment and acquire best practices for storytelling using action replays
- Understand the role of replays in sports TV production
- Understand the use of different camera positions in a live sports production
- Develop an in-depth view about narrative in sports coverage using replays and slow-motion replays
- Realise the Director’s constraints & expectations
- Understand various roles in a production team and work effectively as a team
- Replay operators working with multi-camera live sports events
- Possess understanding of the laws of different kinds of sports
- Prior work experience in the field of broadcasting.
- Have a general technical understanding on use of various broadcast equipment in live directing
Sample Course Plan
Day 1: Theory & Practise
Day 2: Theory & Practise
Day 3: Theory & Practise
Day 4: Practise
Note: The above course agenda is for reference purposes only.
LSM is part of the core operating system of the XT3 class of servers offered by EVS. The operational base is integrated into the server itself, and it recreates live editing experience for sports and live event broadcasting within a controlled environment. It provides replay mode functions in slow motion, super motion and a range of on-the-fly editing action and includes LSM Connect for clips and playlist management, specific Paint mode, Target mode and Split screen. It is configured with the two EVS XT3 live video servers and an IP director – enabling up to 12 ISO camera feeds in High Definition 1080i format for ingest/playout, a Dyvi live video switcher for the camera cutting and all necessary slow motion operational tools to create the replay sequences.
These courses are subject to AFDAS funding. For information on AFDAS, please contact: email@example.com
Scholarships are offered to women from the broadcasting field to further their career in the sports broadcast industry. For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Distancing policies
- Broadcast Academy session facilities allow for sufficient social distancing of attendees, and other safeguards such as reduced attendance, personal hygiene protocols and enhanced cleaning.
- Seating – maintain 6 feet of distance between participants workplaces – when seating at the switcher- compulsory to wear mask.
- Any symptoms of coronavirus – cough and cold, fever etc will be treated as serious. Participants will not be allowed to attend the course with the symptoms unless there is reliable COVID-19 testing available to rule out the possibility. Broadcast academy cannot guarantee any refund of course once started as all participants will need to have their own medical/health insurance before attending the course.
- All participants will require to complete travel history (up to 1 month) prior to the course dates.
- All participants will confirm if they have had any antibody test prior to attending the course.
- All participants will be required to adhere to the social distancing policies and Broadcast Academy and its partners will have the right to refuse entry to the course venue to anyone found violating the policy.
Note: The above social distancing policies may be subject to change as per the government’s guidelines to be announced in future.
Broadcast Academy will endeavour to ensure minimal risks due to the current Covid-19 situation. At any given time, keeping in mind the health and security of our participants, we may organise certain sessions online, and the rest, particularly the practical aspect of the training, face-to-face. The participants will be notified prior to any such changes in the method of delivery of the courses.