LIVE SPORTS DIRECTION (DELIVERED IN FRENCH)
- Venue: Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris, France
- Number of Spaces: 8
- Duration: 5 Days
- Course Fee: 2,500 Euros
How to Apply: Please fill out the registration form below.
1.) Course Information
The Live Sports Direction module incorporates the essence of HBS’s experience of working on world-class sporting events, and uses the state-of-the-art EVS Live TV Simulator. The training integrates theoretical and practical learning experience and is designed to benefit the Directors in production of a Sports event.
The learning objectives are to understand the use of different cameras in a live sports production, to use the broadcast equipment effectively to adapt to different types of events, to adopt best practice for storytelling across slow motion, to understand the various roles in a production team, and to work effectively as a team.
Sample Course Plan
Day 1: Theory
- Fundamentals of multi-camera live sport production-Operations, Personnel & Equipment
- Team leader & communicator. Prior to the OB – site visit, camera positions, etc.
- Cameras cutting & storytelling
- Managing the priorities and guidelines
- Match Coverage philosophy
- Other Match Deliverables
Day 2: Theory & Practise
- Introduction to the Live TV Simulator
- Practise sessions on the Live TV Simulator using production switcher and EVS replay system. Direct a football match using up to 12 camera feeds
- Case Study: Review a football match, create a camera plan and explain their philosophy of directing/storytelling of some major incidents.
Day 3: Practise
Practise session on the Live TV Simulator session and EVS replay system ─ Direct a football match
Day 4: Practise
Practise session on the Live TV Simulator session and EVS replay system ─ Other sports like Basketball/Handball/Tennis
- Assignment submission by each Participant
- Trainer feedback to all participants
- Practical exercises on the Live TV Simulator
- Evaluation of the session, certificates distribution & closing ceremony
*Note: The above course agenda is for reference purposes only.
- Aimed at those entering into the field of sports directing and replay operations.
- Possess an understanding of the laws of different kinds of sports
- Prior work experience in the field of broadcasting.
- Have a general technical understanding of the use of various broadcast equipment in live directing.
Broadcast Academy Course Application
2.) Broadcast Academy Expert: Laurent Lachand, Sports Director
A highly experienced director, in the years between his FIFA World Cup™ missions, Laurent has worked extensively in UEFA club competitions and the French domestic football coverage.
For more information about our experts, please click here.
3.) Live TV Simulator
The Live TV Simulator is one of a kind as it includes live video servers – enabling up to 16 ISO camera feeds for ingest/playout, instant replay and slow-motion tools and a Dyvi live video switcher that can be used by multiple trainees simultaneously.
It ensures maximum efficiency in production teams’ preparations for coverage of any live sporting. The system can be configured to playout pre-recorded isolated cameras or connect to an OB truck for off-line live production. The equipment is used in various configurations to simulate training environment for broadcasters, federations and TV professionals.
Each member of the directing team has, as part of detailed feedback, the opportunity to revisit their broadcast and assess where any improvements can be made.
For more information, please click here.
4.) Financial Support
Scholarships are offered to women from the broadcasting field to further their career in the sports broadcast industry.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
For information on AFDAS, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments from previous participants:
“There are very few female directors in sports in France, and this was a great chance for me to build on my experience directing news and entertainment shows and to learn from some of the best in the business. I now want to take what I’ve learned and show my abilities on live events.” (Myriam Fontaine, Director, EBSF)
“Just a few words to thank you again for the broadcast academy. After improving my skills, I can confirm how your training was helpful. I have much more accuracy and self-confidence in my job which is a really good thing, but much better, I enjoy my job even more.” (François Bietry, Director, Freelancer)