The Broadcast Academy was established with the purpose to create a broadcasting legacy by HBS. Host Broadcast Services (HBS) has been at the forefront of innovation in the field of broadcasting since 1999, and has acquired the skills and knowledge by working with the best in the industry. To share this knowledge and improve sports broadcasting standards at an international level, the Broadcast Academy has been delivering its programmes in more than 20 countries around the world. It has trained more than 10,000 TV professionals from various fields since its inception.
The Broadcast Academy is unique in its approach as it relies on professionals and broadcast experts to help other professionals develop and improve their broadcasting skills. The training is customised to suit its audience with focus on skills that are relevant to the task, role and the industry.
The Broadcast Academy’s objectives are to:
- Share the knowledge and experience of best industry practices
- Standardise the skills to ensure consistency across coverage
- Develop and improve the TV broadcasting skills pool
- Deliver a hands-on experience to assist learning
THREE PILLARS OF THE BROADCAST ACADEMY
- Legacy: Share the knowledge and experience of best industry practices
- Gender Equality & Diversity: Increase the number of women in sports broadcasting and to develop local pool of talents and skills
- Sustainability: Develop an environment-friendly approach to sports broadcasting
The professional development modules are aimed at international broadcast community, broadcasters and broadcasting unions.
White-label legacy programmes are created specially for sports federations and event organisers.
The Broadcast Academy activities are conducted in various forms. Training is delivered in the form of masterclasses, seminar and workshops. Our services include consultancy for sports broadcasters to help them achieve their goals of hosting and broadcasting international standard sporting events.
Our courses includes all aspects of sports TV broadcasting from production to marketing and commercialisation.
OUR COURSES AND SERVICES
1. Specialised Courses: Offered round the year for the broadcast professionals at three different locations and in two languages. The courses are for beginner, expert and advanced levels.
The courses are held at partner locations across the UK, France and Belgium. More courses will be announced in the Central American, African and the Asian-Pacific region.
SPORTS LIVE DIRECTION
- Sports Live Direction with Live TV Simulator
- Sports Live Direction with Unified Production Simulator
- Live Directing without Live TV Simulator
- Replay Operations in Live Productions
- Studio Directors
- Storytelling for Producers and Reporters
- ENG Crew
- ENG Camera Operations
- Studio Camera Operations
- Commentary Module for Live Sports Events
2. Tailor-Made Courses: Bespoke training solution are created to meet both organisational and individual training needs. Tailor-Made courses are specifically offered to Sports Federations, Broadcasting Unions and Broadcasters.
Following are some of the examples of our Tailor-Made Courses. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
- All specialised courses above
- Courses in partnership with UNESCO
- TV Rights/Marketing & Sponsorship
- Digital Media: OTT Media & Fan Engagement
- Workshops: Planning and organising the host broadcast of a major international sports event & managing International Broadcast Centre (IBC)
3. White-Label Legacy Programmes: Broadcast Academy supports the event organisers and sports federations to leave the broadcast legacy in the host country of the sporting event.
Examples of some of our successful Legacy programmes are:
- Innovative internship programmes
- Skill development for professionals
- Encouraging women to take on leadership roles in the field of sports broadcasting
- Creating a diverse and multicultural talent pool