The Broadcast Academy was established with the purpose to create a broadcasting legacy by HBS. Host Broadcast Services (HBS) has been at the forefront of innovation in the field of broadcasting since 1999 and has acquired the skills and knowledge by working with the best in the industry. To share this knowledge and improve sports broadcasting standards at an international level, the Broadcast Academy has been delivering its programmes in more than 20 countries around the world. It has trained more than 10,000 TV professionals from various fields since its inception.
The Broadcast Academy is unique in its approach as it relies on professionals and broadcast experts to help other professionals develop and improve their broadcasting skills. The training is customised to suit its audience with focus on skills that are relevant to the task, role and the industry.
The objective for the Broadcast Academy is to:
- Share the knowledge and experience of best industry practices
- Standardise the skills to ensure consistency across coverage
- Develop and improve the TV broadcasting skills pool
- Deliver a hands-on experience to assist learning
The professional development modules are aimed at broadcasters, broadcasting and sporting associations. We currently do not offer courses for individuals/freelancers.
The Broadcast Academy activities are conducted in various forms. Training is delivered in the form of masterclasses, seminar and workshops. Our services include consultancy for sports broadcasters to help them achieve their goals of hosting and broadcasting international standard sporting events.
Our courses includes all aspects of sports TV broadcasting from production to marketing and commercialisation.
Sports TV Production
- Live Directing (beginner and advanced levels)
- Pre and post-production
- Technical lighting and sound (outdoor and studio)
- Commentator courses
- Sports news reporting and script writing
TV Rights Marketing and Sponsorship
- Marketing and commercialising of TV Rights
Sports Broadcast Management
- Planning and hosting the broadcast for international sports events
- Planning and managing an International Broadcast Centre
- For sports administrators, players and event organisers. Learn the most effective ways of dealing with the media and become a confident public speaker.